Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Comp - I Wish I Could....


  


I Wish I Could Be in World War 2
by Joseph Denson
      I watch so many shows on World War 2. Every time I watch them I wish I could be in World War 2. World War 2 is cool to e because it was filled with aircraft, tanks, and battles. Here are a few of my favorite tanks of World War 2. The US tank of choice was the M4-A3 Sherman tank, with a short ten foot barrel and low velocity 75MM gun and 2 inches of frontal armor.  But the Sherman doesn’t stand a chance against the bigger guns of the Germans. The Germans had better tanks then the US.  The Germans had the Panther Tank. The Panther had 3 inches of frontal armor, a 77MM gun, and a reinforced barrel.  The Panther has a disadvantage, only 2 inches of side armor.
      My favorite battle of World War 2 is D-Day.  D-day is when British, American, and Canadian invaded Hitler’s Atlantic wall. Canada’s tank of choice for the attack was the only swimming tank of World War 2. The DD or swimming tank has a sealed lower hull to keep it from sinking and a high canvas skirt.  It had 2 inches of front armor protection. But its most unique feature is a duplex drive twin propeller engine.  It can give it 13 knots.  On Juno Beach, June 6th, 1944, at 8:00am, the Germans see a huge fleet of ships.
But the Allies are out of range of their guns. The Allies open fire with their battle ships. 
                           This is where the final months of the war are entered.  

No comments: